The first tab available on the settings screen shows the status of your site. This is the place to quickly identify possible issues that may prevent you from having a completely secure website.
Tasks and their meaning
Currently, there are 14 tasks available at the moment. Depending on their status, those tasks will be marked as passed (green) or failed (red), so you can more easily identify them.
- HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) – this response header allows your website to instruct users’ browsers to use only HTTPS instead of HTTP. We suggest enabling HSTS through settings.
- Realtime SSL monitoring – Get email notifications about any SSL-related problems on your site. You can enable it from the “SSL Certificate” tab.
- Localhost – tells you if the website is on localhost or available publicly.
- SSL certificate validation – checks your SSL certificate for validity. If the test fails, immediately renew your certificate.
- Plugin version – checks if you are using the latest version of WP Force SSL. You should always have the latest version installed which can be downloaded from the Dashboard.
- Conflicts – if there are any plugins that can cause WP Force SSL to malfunction, you will know that by this status.
- WordPress address URL – checks if your website is using HTTPS protocol correctly in the WordPress settings.
- Site address URL – checks if your website is using HTTPS protocol correctly in the WordPress settings.
- Certificate renewal date – checks if you need to renew your SSL certificate any soon.
- WP URLs – checks if WP URLs are properly redirected from HTTP to HTTPS.
- Non-WP URLs – checks if non-WP URLs are properly redirected from HTTP to HTTPS.
- Content scanner – checks if you have run the content scanner.
- Server .htaccess – checks if the server is using a .htaccess file and if the file is writable.
- 404 errors – checks if the 404 errors are redirected to the homepage.
- How to create a new license
- How to use the Content Scanner
- How to rebrand the plugin
- How to delete a license
- How to get an invoice
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How to enable White Label mode
- How to install & activate the plugin
- Keyless activation - how to create a domain-based license key
- User Profile
- Main Settings
- SSL certificate & Real-time monitoring
- SSL Realtime monitor